Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Going to School to Become a Doctor

Last week my daughter went to "school" and became a doctor.

She stayed a little longer and became a surgeon.
First, she worked as a cashier at a grocery store.
Then she went on a sailing trip in the Caribbean.

I think she is a small wonder.
I took Lydia to Wonderscope, a children's museum in Shawnee, Kansas.  The museum is in an old school building.  Lydia thinks she went to school.  We have the book Curious George Goes To School at home.  She pointed at it and said, "Lydia" as if to say "Lydia went to school."  Then in another conversation I said something about someone going back to school and Lydia said, "Yes!"  She is looking forward to going back to school. 

The activities at Wonderscope were right up Lydia'a alley.  Lydia likes to pretend that she and her stuffed animals are at the doctor.  She has been playing with two Beanie Baby ducks.  One gets injured and the other one is the doctor.  I think he's a quack.  Lydia also likes to play grocery store.  She pretends to scan the items in, with sound effects.  Another part of the museum that she liked was the water exhibit.  
She enjoyed sticking her hands in the whirlpool and playing with the boats and ducks (OK, I'll admit that I was the one playing with the boats and ducks.) At home Lydia likes to play with the water in the bathroom sink.  We wished we could have stayed longer at Wonderscope and look forward to going back again.

1 comment: